Course Lay-out for Class XI:
1. Language of Chemistry(LOC) : Formula writing, Ionic Equations, Solubility Rules, Oxidation Number/Oxidation State, Change in ON in Redox Reaction equations, Balancing Redox Equations by (i) ON method(EBD method) (ii) Ion-electron method (iii) Partial Equation Method (iv) Algebraic method; 11 types of Metathesis Reactions, Redox Reactions : Name redox reactions and other redox reaction in the light of Standard Electrode Potential, Predicting simple reaction equations
2. Basic Concepts in Chemistry(BCC): Avogadro’s law and Application, Atomic Mass, Molecular Mass, Use of Gram molar volume for gases at STP, Combined Gas equation, Equivalent Concept, Mole Concept, Simple Stoichiometric Calculations, Gas Analysis and Eudiometry, Concetration of solutions (molarity, normality, molality, % strength by volume, mass etc., mole fraction, ppm); Solution Stoichiometry, Volumetric analysis, Titrations(Acid-base, Redox and Precipitation) and numericals involving analysis of samples using back titrations, Gravimetric analsysis.
Solution of 10 years Problems in JEE(main and Advanced) and NEET etc on Basic concepts in Chemistry
3. General Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Periodic Classification and Chemical Bond (Work-out of 10 years Questions from JEE and NEET)
4. Physical Chemistry: States of Matter with particular reference to Gaseous state, Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium and Ionic Equilibrium (+ work out of 10 years Questions from JEE and NEET)
5. Organic Chemistry: General nomenclature of organic compounds: aliphatic, alicyclic and aromatics; Structural Isomerism, Stereoisomerism, General Organic Chemistry(GOC), Chemistry of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes and arenes. Related Organic mechanism involved in these chapters such as Free Radical Substitution, Electrophilic and Free Radical Addition, Aromatic Electrophilic Substitution, Orientation and Reactivity in Benzene ring etc.; Organic Purification and Analysis, Environmental Pollution (+ work out of 10 years Questions from JEE and NEET)
6. Inorganic Chemistry: Families such as Hydrogen, Group1(alkali metals),Group 2(alkaline earth metals), Group 13(Boron family), Group 14(Carbon family) and Group 15(Nitrogen Family) ( + work out of 10 years questions from JEE and NEET)
Course Lay-Out Class XII
Physical Chemistry: Solutions and Colligative Properties, Solid State, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis; Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry,
Inorganic Chemisry: p-Block elements : Oxygen family, Halogens, Noble Gases, Transition Metals, General Metallurgical Processes, Lanthanides and Actinides, Complex Compounds, Qualitative Salt Analysis
Organic Chemistry: Haloalkanes, Haloarenes, Alcohols, Ethers and Phenols, Aldehydes and ketones, Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives, Amines
Biomolecules: Carbohydrates, Amino acids and Proteins, Vitamins, RNA, DNA, Lipids, Oils and Fats
Chemistry for Mankind: Soaps and Detergents, Drugs, POLYMERS,
(Minimum 10 unit tests and 2 cumulative tests in each year’s course)
Revision Test series will be conducted during November 2020 to January 2021.